Updates to all Family members – No longer do you have to schedule a visit.
Recently the Province of Ontario has moved to step three of the re-opening phase .
The following changes come into effect for all staff and visitors as of July 16th 2021.
We have enclosed a copy of the chart sent to us for you from the Province.
- Goggles are no longer required to be worn.
- You are to continue to wear in rooms on Droplet/Contact Precautions
- When your Point of Care Risk Assessment identifies the need to wear goggles.
- Fully Immunized Staff and Visitors are no longer required to be Rapid Tested.
- Definition of fully immunized is to have completed at least 14 days after the 2nd dose.
- Visitors must show proof of vaccination to the screeners to be eligible for this exemption. If they can not show proof or refuse to then they must be Rapid Tested.
- If you do not have a copy of your vaccination receipt you can access the provincial portal online: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccine-booking-support#vaccination-receipts
- Residents may go on social outings regardless of immunization status.
- It will no longer be required for fully immunized new admissions to have asymptomatic testing completed prior to admission or upon admission.
Answer to some questions that you as family members may have:
- Yes – You can visit anywhere in the home except at meal time.
- Only those people who are fully immunized, who are registered with Home Area Managers may be allowed in the dining room.
- Yes – You still have to wear a mask at all times
- Yes – you can attend a party or social activity with your resident
- No – you may not eat with your resident at this time.
- Yes you can go for walks outside
- No you do not have to have articles wiped down or dropped off. You can now bring items in and give directly to your resident.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these days of transition.
We will continue to keep you updated as we are updated.