St. Joseph’s at Fleming offers a varietyof programs and activities to meet the diverse and changing needs of our Residents.
Stay informed with St Joe’s
The Be a Saint Golf Tournament is Back!
We are hoping that you will support our third annual “Be a Saint Golf Tournament” fundraiser coming up on Thursday, June 15th at The Quarry.
- Can you put together a foursome?
- Do you or does someone you know own a business who could be a sponsor?
- Perhaps you can donate a new item to our Silent Auction table? Really popular items include sports tickets and memorabilia; gift cards to restaurants or businesses; new household items, etc.
- We would also be grateful for donations of beer for our Bucket of Beer raffle!
See our Registration Form (due by June 1st) below or call Sarah Cox at ext. 3060 for more information.
April 17, 2023- Director of Care
On Friday we celebrated Cathy Lessard’s last working day and would like to announce her retirement. Cathy has been a vital part of St. Joseph’s at Fleming for 30 years. Her commitment and contributions will always be remembered. We wish Cathy the best of luck on her next endeavours.
We are in the process of hiring a new Director of Care. In the interim, Cindy Doris will be filling this role.
Thank you in advance for your support during this transitional period.
March 31, 2023- New Measures at SJF
The Ministry no longer requires asymptomatic testing or screening of visitors or staff, for this reason we no longer have active screening or testing available.
We now have Self Assessment in place for all visitors to SJAF.
There is a STOP sign on the main door with the list of symptoms next to it. This is the self assessment. If you answer YES to any questions, please do not enter.
Masks are to be worn in all public areas. They are available in the foyer to those that have completed and passed the self assessment.
All visitors must sign in and out. The book is located next to reception.
If you are taking a resident out of the building, they also need to be signed in and out.
Signing in and out is a safety related issue for residents and visitors.
Cohorting residents is no longer in place.
Residents from different Home Areas are allowed to mingle again.
We look forward to a day when everything is back to the way it was before the Pandemic.
March 29, 2023- Changes to COVID-19 Response Measures
The Ministry of Long-Term Care (MLTC) is working closely with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health (OCMOH) to normalize and embed effective COVID-19 response measures into routine operations, including winding down COVID-specific policies. These changes will bring Ontario into alignment with other provinces across the country who have already made similar adjustments.
• Asymptomatic Rapid Antigen Testing: With the widespread availability of vaccines and antivirals, adherence to the new Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) Standard, and the high levels of immunity in the general community, there is no evidence to support the need for ongoing asymptomatic screen testing requirements. As such, the ministry will no longer require asymptomatic screen testing for staff, students, volunteers, support workers, caregivers and visitors. Our testing center will be closed as of March 30.
• Visitor Screening: Passive screening requirements for staff, visitors and caregivers will be posted on the front doors and we ask everyone to be screening themselves for contagious symptoms before entering SJF. Our active screener will be removed as of March 31. Caregivers, Visitors and Residents are still required to sign in and out in the log book provided to meet Fire Code.
• Outdoor Masking: The ministry is removing the recommendation for residents, caregivers and visitors to mask outdoors. Masking will remain in place for staff outdoors when in close proximity to a resident and all Indoor masking requirements will remain in place.
• Activities/Physical Distancing: As continuity of social and physical activities is essential to the mental health and wellbeing of residents, LTC homes will be able to hold activities without adjusting to optimize for physical distancing.
March 1, 2023- Medical Director Updates
The Board of Directors, CEO, Leadership Team and staff would like to extend a Grateful Thank You to Dr. Millar for his service to the Home as Medical Director over the past decade. Dr. Millar is remaining as Attending Physician for those Resident on Woodland and Pathway Home Areas.
Dr. Jordan Crane will be assuming the Role of Medical Director effective March 06, 2023 as well as assuming the care of Dr. Millar’s Residents, who reside on the Hilltop and Creekside Home Areas.